The Kentucky Society of Health-System Pharmacists (KSHP) is the membership organization that works on behalf of pharmacists in Kentucky who practice in hospitals and health systems. For 53 years, we have been on the forefront of efforts to improve medication use and enhance patient safety. Our advocacy efforts, publications, and educational offerings are designed to advance your practice as you improve patient care. If you haven't already please JOIN us in our efforts!
UK SSHP Chapter was recently selected as a Best Practice!
Based on the Share & Reapply handout submitted for the last Midyear Clinical Meeting, the UK SSHP chapter’s project was chosen out of all chapters across the country as an example of best practices for partnering with a state affiliate.
From the President
Mike Herald, PharmD
Mike Herald, PharmD, BCPS
Hello KSHP! Your Society’s leadership continues to work for a productive year. We have been involved with several important issues and have a couple of exciting initiatives that I am pleased to be able to share with you:
- Plans are being finalized for our Fall Meeting! In addition to the educational program and unparalleled networking opportunities this year will see the 2nd Annual Reverse Expo for our exhibitors and the 1st Annual Kentucky Statewide Residency Showcase held in partnership with KPRN.The Showcase will provide one venue for all KY pharmacy students (as well as those from nearby colleges) to meet with Kentucky pharmacy residency programs. We’re planning some special programming for all of our member categories and we’re excited about this year’s special events. We hope that you’ll make plans to join us!The Fall Meeting will be held October 13-14 at the Galt House in Louisville.
- The KSHP Foundation will host its Annual Silent Auction with winners announced during the Foundation Reception held Thursday, October 13 in conjunction with the Fall Meeting. Foundation monies are used to support scholarships and awards. Please consider donating items to be auctioned and aggressively bidding during the auction itself! Donations are tax-deductible. Donation an item HERE. Please contact Christine Holtman, Anne Policastri, Nick Vaccaro or me with any questions.
- On July 29 the annual KPRN meeting was held at the Sullivan University College of Pharmacy with a record attendance of over 115! Pharmacy residency programs from all over Kentucky were represented and participated in networking and educational programming. KPRN began several years ago and continues to grow, further elevating pharmacy residency training in Kentucky. Thanks to all who attended and to SUCOP for hosting!
- Professional advocacy has been a recurring theme throughout this KSHP year.KSHP wants to continue to advocate for you but we need your voices to add to that of the Society’s leadership. Please consider becoming more involved in professional advocacy: speaking with or contacting elected officials, serving on the KSHP Committee of Public Policy, being willing to attend key meetings to express your ideas in support of our profession and Society are examples. We have to advocate for our profession as our professional future is our responsibility. Please contact me or any KSHP officer if you would like to be more involved.
- KSHP is seeking nominations for officers. Are you interested in becoming part of the Society’s leadership? Do you know of an excellent candidate? Please feel free to reach out to any member of the KSHP leadership for more information.
KSHP continues to have a lot going on but we need YOUR continued support to help elevate our Society to the next level. Please make plans to register and attend our Fall Meeting. As always, please feel free to contact me or any member of the KSHP leadership team with any needs or opportunities. Thank you.